Friday, April 8, 2011

March 14th..."Wooa, I finally realized I am in Italy"

Monday March 14th we had to get up around 8:00am to have breakfast and leave for our first tour in Florence. The tour guide showed us some of the history in Florence. It was nice to learn about it because I personally thought there was not much history this city but the tour guide obviously proved me wrong. Florence is filled with history; it is like stepping back in time. After, we had our first lunch in Italy in which of course everyone had pasta. In lunch I finally realized I was in Italy, for some reason it took a little while for me to realize it. The pasta is lighter in Italy and even the house wine is delicious and cheap which of course I loved. Sabrina (one of the ISA representatives and the person who was with us most of the time) gave us a small tour about what to avoid in Florence, what are the best places to eat or drink coffee. She also spoke to us about some of the popular places to eat gelato or to enjoy a slice of pizza. We also had the opportunity to shop around the clothing market for a little while. After the tours we headed back to our hotel, got ready and left to dinner. The restaurant was truly amazing, the food was delicious and we got to really get to know each other and finally relax for while. After dinner we decided to go to a club and even though we were basically the only ones there, we had a really nice time dancing and enjoying Florence nightlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment