Thursday March 17th was our second and last optional day trip and we decided to visit the most famous city in Italy, ROME. We took a train for about two hours and after arriving to the train station in Rome the group split up in two. My group and I decided to go to the Vatican first because we figured the line to get in to the church was probably going to be long. Taking the trains in Rome was not actually as hard as I thought, everything was easy to find and easy to read. Going to the Vatican was amazing and it meant a lot to me because I am catholic, seeing where everything started made me feel closer to my religion. fortunately the rain was so strong that there was not line to get in the church so we walked right in. the church of the Vatican is enormous, I have never seen something like it before. The awful rain did not stop us to see everything in Rome; we went to the Piazza di Spagna or Spanish steps, to The Fontana di Trevi or trevi fontain and most importantly to the Colosseum. It was a very long and exhausting day but it was definitely all worth it. After such an amazing day in Rome we all headed back to our hotel in Florence and again running in probably two/three hours of sleep we went to dinner at an awesome restaurant and afterwards to a lounge. As usual we had a wonderful night.
No comments:
Post a Comment